Thursday 24 October 2013

Unit 1, Part A: Arts Challenge Brainstorm

For my Arts Challenge, I wish to focus on developing my skills in film-making, as this is an area in which I have some experience and find very enjoyable, and I would like to expand on my existing knowledge and learn some new skills in this area as part of my Arts Challenge.

In order to decide on a specific Arts Challenge, I have brainstormed my strengths, weaknesses and possible ideas by using a mindmap:


From assessing my strengths and weaknesses, I came up with a few ideas for my Arts Challenge which would be both achievable due to my existing knowledge, and also allow me to improve on my weaknesses and develop some new skills.

For my Arts Challenge, I have decided to combine some of the ideas I developed on my mindmap. I am going to improve my knowledge of different film genres by creating 2 or 3 versions of one short film (of less than one minute in length) in different genres, using different shots, effects and music to change the genre. This will play on my strengths of editing and camera operation, and also allow me to develop my understanding of film genres, creativity and use of effects and music to change the mood of a film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment